Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Delivering the Good News

Over the past few months, I've been up to a lot in the publishing realm. In addition to releasing my second chapbook of poetry, I also saw the publication of the 2012 editions of Writer's Market and Poet's Market, and I'm excited by all of it.

Anywho, I've been noticing a good review here and a nice word there, so I wanted to sort of collect everything together in one post--as much for me as for anyone who might be interested in these recent releases.

Praise for ESCAPE
Monday Muse on Robert Lee Brewer's 'Escape,' by Maureen Doallas. This review on Writing Without Paper is really the coolest review I've ever received for anything, because Maureen totally got everything I was trying to accomplish with this collection. Great stuff!


Debbie Ohi took this cool image of ESCAPE. Thank you!

On poetry, language and Robert Lee Brewer's ESCAPE, by Debbie Ridpath Ohi. On Debbie's Inkygirl blog, she shares how--like many--she used to hate poetry. But I'm happy to report that she moved back toward the light and that she enjoys my poems: "They're full of emotion and music, and a joy to read."

Praise for both the 2012 Poet's Market and 2012 Writer's Market

Writer's Market & Poet's Market 2012, by Sandra Beasley. Over on Chicks Dig Poetry, Sandra dropped praise on both books--and on me. This review of the books is great not only because it says all manner of kind things about the books, but also because Sandra talks about her own experiences getting published in the beginning.


Poet's Market, Writer's Market & You, by Sage Cohen. And speaking of great reviews, Sage also throws out praise for the books while also relating her individual writing and publishing experiences. These reviews are great to read just from that point of view.


Best Poet's Market yet!


Praise for 2012 Poet's Market
2012 Poet's Market & More, by Collin Kelley. Collin shares the gospel about Poet's Market, Jessie Carty's Fat Girl, and some good news of his own.

2012 Poet's Market, by Nancy Breen. For those who don't know, Nancy was the editor of Poet's Market before I took the reins, and she was a great mentor. In fact, she was my co-founder and contributor to Poetic Asides back when it started. Anyway, this review is terrific.

Review: 2012 Poet's Market, by Jessie Carty. Jessie gives a terrific review of the 2012 Poet's Market (5 out of 5 stars).

2012 Poet's Market, by Chloe Yelena Miller. Chloe shares her excitement in being included in the 2012 Poet's Market.

How to Be a Poet, by Nin Andrews. Nin is one of my favorite poets, and this post includes a cool comic with the review. Super fun!

Good News Department, by Diane Lockward. On Blogalicious, Diane allows the 2012 Poet's Market to share the spotlight with some other great news. Plus, she shines her light on articles written by Taylor Mali and Sandra Beasley.


The 2012 Writer's Market Deluxe Edition offers the best value, because it includes a subscription to WritersMarket.com.

Praise for 2012 Writer's Market
Time To Purchase Your 2012 Writer's Market, by Christina Katz. Christina is one of the nicest writers around, and she wrote up a nice review here. I'm looking forward to rocking an AWP panel with her, Jane Friedman, and Seth Harwood in Chicago next year.

2012 Writer's Market, by Darcy Pattison. Quick review of Writer's Market: "The best in the industry."

*****

All of this praise is great, and I'm more than happy to accept it. However, I want to thank one very special person for always helping me to achieve everything, and that's my incredible wife Tammy Foster Brewer. From Poetic Asides to my poetry collections (and everything between and outside of those), she's always the person who I'm trying to impress and who gives me the most support--from making sure that I eat and sleep to giving me ideas for new experiments. I'm truly blessed to have such an amazing wife and best friend.

*****

Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.



*****


ESCAPE, by Robert Lee Brewer

If you're interested in ESCAPE, you can still get a copy before they sell out. Click here to learn how.

4 comments:

Nancy Susanna Breen said...

Aw, Robert. You're too kind. I always saw you as the founder of Poetic Asides--it was YOUR idea. As for that mentoring stuff? Please. Now you're mentoring me through your writings on social media, etc.

JeannetteLS said...

There are a lot of us out here who would be lost without our Writer's Market. Even though I've never published with a byline, when I buy my copy, it is in the spirit of optimism and I dogear pages and I read the articles, and very often they motivate me to keep trying, no matter what life is throwing at me.

It's nice to actually get to say that to you in this here blogosphere. And congratulations on your chapbook.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I am happy for you!
It must be awesome to hear, no matter what stage you're in with your career.

Question: Did your self-doubt slow down after you became a "successful poet"? I know everyone struggles with it no matter where they are but is it lessened from, say, ten years ago?

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Nancy, you helped and inspired me a great deal. I'm glad if I'm giving anything back. :)

Jeannette, thanks! Yes, I remember admiring Writer's Market from the outside, and I'm glad to be involved with it now.

Jennifer, that's a great question. In fact, I'm going to do an impromptu blog post on that topic. So thanks for inspiring the soon-to-be blog post. Short answer: "Kind of" and "not really."