Sunday, March 13, 2011

After losing an hour of sleep...

...last night, I have to say that I'm thrilled that the sun stayed up in the evening an extra hour today. I'm pretty tired, even though it was only 9:30 at this point yesterday evening. But that's the price we pay for Daylight Savings Time, which I'm totally in favor of scrapping.

*****

In the coming weeks, I may be in favor of scrapping something else: My NCAA tournament bracket. The field and seedings were announced today, and I've already made my selections for my "bragging rights" league in which I participate every year--with a bunch of old high school buddies.

Since Dayton lost their A-10 championship game against Richmond, I didn't have to worry about putting the Flyers in the Final Four. Instead, my Final Four consists of Ohio State, Notre Dame, Connecticut, and Pittsburgh. It's a little Big East heavy, but I think they had the dominant teams this year.

That said, Pittsburgh almost always lets me down, and I'm not sure I completely trust Notre Dame either. In fact, the whole field this year seems pretty even. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Old Dominion or Richmond were to crash the party.

Who do you have going to the Final Four?

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

I would also like to scrap dst! I used to do brackets when i worked in an office. Kind of miss that :)

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Yeah, I do miss going out with the guys at lunch to watch the first round of the tourney, especially when Cincy teams like Xavier and UC are in the tourney.